This is one of my favourite recipes. There are endless ways of combining these ingredients so feel free to be creative! Quinoa can easily be substituted for sweet potato and the cheese for tofu. If you’re more inclined to cook something non vegetarian you can add pieces of chicken or fresh salmon, the result is equally delicious.
Besides the fact that this frittata is cheap to make, it is also versatile in the sense that it is practical and can be used for picnics, lunch in the office or for a dinner party at home with friends. It can be served as an entré or as a main dish.
Ingredients (serves 4):
2 sliced carrots
1 box fresh mushrooms
80 g of quinoa
salt and black pepper
1) Place the vegetables in a frying pan at a low temperature and add 3 table spoons of olive oil.
2) Add salt and pepper to your liking.
3) At the same time, boil the quinoa and add a little bit of salt.
4) When both are cooked, mix them together and place them on a tray in the oven.
5) Cover this mix with the whipped eggs and top it off with some cubes of feta cheese and pumpkin seeds.
6) Leave in the oven for 30 minutes or until the eggs are cooked.
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.