This is a really easy recipe and makes a delicious breakfast, lunch or dinner perfect for any time of the year.
Kombu’s nutritional benefits include being high in iodine, fibre, calcium, magnesium, iron, copper, potassium and zinc. It’s also high in vitamin B7 and vitamin D, whilst also being a source of vitamin B3. Phew….that’s a long list of nutrients!
This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
Ingredients (serves 4)
For the accompaniment:
For the tortilla:
– 6 organic eggs
– 1 fresh tuna fillet
– 3 large potatoes
– 1 sweet potato
– a bunch of cherry tomatoes
– 3 cloves of garlic
– olive oil
– seaweed salt and black pepper
For the pesto:
– 2 cups of parsley
– 1/2 cup of raw cashews
– 1/4 cup of water
– 2 cloves of garlic
– half lemon (juice)
– 4 tbsp olive oil
– seaweed salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cashews into a food processor along with the other ingredients. Process until smooth and add more lemon juice or seaweed salt and pepper as desired.
- Boil the potatoes (sweet and normal) and the kombu seaweed together during 15 min until they’re soft.
- Separate the Kombu from the potato and leave for later.
- Cut the potatoes into cubes.
- In a frying pan place the garlic, with 2 tbsp of olive and the cherry tomatoes. Let them cook until soft and add the tuna fillet cut in small cubes. Season with a pinch of seaweed salt and black pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt in a bowl until blended.
- In a baking dish: first place the potatoes (as a first layer), then the already prepared tuna and lastly the eggs on top to finish things off.
- Bake for 20 min or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Dish onto plates, add the kombu seaweed and the pesto.
Note: If you prefer you can make a seaweed salad instead, by mixing the pesto with the seaweed.
Maria is passionate about healthy living and eating. To keep her mind and body healthy she enjoys practising meditation and yoga. Maria works as a manager at an Eco Resort in Portugal and helps to create deliciously healthy recipes for the menu. To read more about Maria click here.
Seaweed is delicious, nutritious and a great addition to your daily diet. You can purchase a range of seaweed products separately and or as a part of our natural health star box in our shop by clicking here
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.