I’m completely addicted to TURMERIC! This “yellowange” root is so powerful, it can really help improve immunity!
Here are some facts related to this amazing ingredient:
- It’s one of nature’s most potent anti-inflammatory agents (nature’s ibuprofen).
- Recent research suggests curcumin (found in turmeric) may be effective in treating inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.
- Improves brain function.
- Works as effectively as an anti-depressant.
- Acts as a liver detoxifier.
- Promotes youthful and radiant skin.
- Aids indigestion.
- Purifies the blood.
Did you know that to enhance its capacity for absorption and effectiveness, tumeric can be eaten with black pepper and coconut oil?
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy-free and vegan.
Ingredients: (serves 1)
1 mug of plain unsweetened almond milk (make you own-see recipe here)
1 tsp of ground turmeric
1 tsp of ground ginger
pinch of black pepper
1 tsp of organic honey
1 handful of goji berries
optional: millet flakes
Place the milk in a pan at a low temperature. Add the spices and berries. When it’s hot add the honey. For something more substantial you can add some millet flakes if you are in the mood.
Turmeric: The Ayurvedic Spice of Life by Prashanti Dejager.
Turmeric Curcumin Cures:Miracle Healers From the Kitchen by Syed Ahmed.
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.