This delicious and easy to prepare potato salad is the perfect dish to bring to a picnic or BBQ or just to enjoy at home on it’s own or as a side dish. The toasted almonds add texture and the distinctive aroma of basil lends the dish a freshness. We already know about the benefits of olive oil but incorporating apple cider vinegar into your cooking will also give your health a boost too. Enjoy this salad whilst summer is still hanging around!
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
1 kg of new potatoes
60g of crushed almonds
5 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
3 cloves of garlic
salt and pepper
1) Boil the potatoes with a good amount of salt.
2) Meanwhile on a frying pan toast the crushed almonds with a pinch of salt.
3) When ready place the potatoes into a salad bowl. Let them cool and then sprinkle with the toasted almonds and the fresh basil.
4) Prepare the sauce: just mix the olive oil, vinegar, garlic (sliced), salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and mix well.
5) You can finish garnishing with some more basil leaves.
Maria is passionate about healthy living and eating. To keep her mind and body healthy she enjoys practising meditation and yoga. Maria works as a manager at an Eco Resort in Portugal and helps to create deliciously healthy recipes for the menu. To read more about Maria click here.
We stock healthy, delicious and unique ingredients from small and specialist suppliers who are passionate about the food they produce. Discover more in our natural health food shop
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.