This recipe is absolutely delightful and is raw. It is so simple and requires no baking, no sugar, no flour, no eggs and no milk – but it is so rich in chocolatey flavour you will happily and guiltlessly devour them!
These brownie bites are a healthy and satisfying snack and can be eaten throughout the day. They’re like little energy balls that your body (and taste buds) will love!
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy free and vegan.
- 1 1/2 cups of pitted dates
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts, almonds, cashews or a mix)
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- pinch of salt
- small dash of vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp raw cacao nibs
- In a food processor, blend all the ingredients until they break down finely. Careful not to over-blend!
- You’ll end up with a crumbly mixture which you can shape into balls or flatten out like a brownie.
Maria’s Tip-If you’d like to have a minty flavour, you can add some finely chopped mint leaves to the mixture.
Maria is passionate about healthy living and eating. To keep her mind and body healthy she enjoys practising meditation and yoga. Maria works as a manager at an Eco Resort in Portugal and helps to create deliciously healthy recipes for the menu. To read more about Maria click here.
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.