Starting my day with porridge is not only delicious, but comes with fantastic health benefits as shown in the quote above. I’m always trying to come up with new twists on my favourite breakfast and here is my most recent creation. I hope you enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 2):
– ½ mug oats
– 1 pear
– 2 tablespoon of mixed seeds (pumpkin, sesame and linseeds)
– Pomegranate (to your liking)
– Dates (to your liking)
– 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
– A pinch of salt
– 2 tablespoon of honey
– 1 or 1 and 1/2 mugs of water
1) Place the oats and the water in a pan over medium heat. At the same time, toast the seeds in a frying pan.
2) To the oats, add a tiny pinch of salt and pieces of pear. Stir with a wooden spoon.
3) Allow the mixture to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring until the liquid has been absorbed. If you like your porridge creamier add more water until you’ve got the consistency you like.
4) Add honey to the porridge for the last few minutes of cooking.
5) To finish off, add the toasted seeds, pomegranate, dates and peanut butter.
Maria’s tip: If you prefer to have a more substantial breakfast, replace the water for almond or rice milk.
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.