I love giving my children an oat-based breakfast but admittedly having porridge every day can be a little dull. This is a recipe that can be prepared in less than 5 minutes and is a tasty alternative to porridge. On busy mornings, the muesli can be gently baking in the oven while everyone is getting ready for school or work. The fragrant smell of toasted muesli filling the house is an easy way to entice little feet downstairs. And the great thing is the muesli is packed full of seeds and oats, so you know you’ll all be having a great start to the day.
Ingredients (use organic where possible):
200g large rolled oats
60g sunflower seeds
45g flaxseed or linseed
45g desiccated coconut
3tbsp chia seeds
3tbsp pure maple syrup
60g extra virgin coconut oil, melted
½ tsp cinnamon powder
Equipment: Large baking tray
- Preheat the oven to 180degC.
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and give them a stir. Before transferring to the baking tray, ensure all the dry ingredients have been lightly coated by the oil and syrup.
- Place the baking tray in the centre of the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, stirring halfway to ensure that all the mixture gets toasted.
- The muesli is ready when golden in colour. Remove the tray and allow to cool a little before serving.
- The muesli can be served with a splash of milk and a sprinkling of nuts and dried fruit.
Any leftover muesli can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
To read more about Vaani please click here
You can purchase some of the wonderful ingredients for this recipe from the natural health star health shop.
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.