My lentil and courgette salad can be served either warm or cold, therefore it’s great for both winter and summer. It’s perfect when you’re short of time and want something quick and fresh. The best part of this recipe is the fresh mint which gives a tasty and refreshing twist to the sautéed courgettes.
Fresh mint is also known to have many health benefits, one of which includes helping to promote digestion. Chewing on fresh mint after a meal not only helps to freshen the breath but is known to tackle trapped wind or other related problems.
This recipe is gluten-free, dairy free and vegan.
Ingredients (2 people):
200g of beluga lentils
4 mint leaves
extra virgin olive oil
3 cups of water
sprinkle of mixed seeds (optional)
1) Start by washing the lentils several times.
2) Next bring 3 cups of water to boil and cook the lentils for about 25 minutes.
3) While the lentils are cooking, use a non-stick pan to cook the courgettes with the lime juice and fresh mint. Cook it for about 10 minutes and add water if needed.
4) Once the lentils are cooked, drain them really well, and mix all the ingredients together. Serve it with 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil and more mint leaves on top.
5) If you like you can add a sprinkle of seeds to top it off
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.