This butter bean puree is one of my favourite healthy recipes and it has so much flavour! Beans are nutritional powerhouses packed with protein, fibre, B vitamins, iron and potassium. Best of all they’re incredibly inexpensive. I serve this with roasted vegetables, but you can also have it accompanied with grilled salmon or chicken.
This recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian. It’s also the perfect dish for diabetics (no added sugar and low GI), people working out (as high in protein and low GI) and people on a calorie restricted diet for certain conditions e.g heart disease
Butter Bean Puree
Ingredients (serves 2)
120 g butter beans
70 g feta cheese
1 tablespoon of manioc flour
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
a pinch of cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
optional: sprinkle of pumpkin seeds
1) Boiling the beans for one hour, until they are soft (can be purchased boiled if you prefer).
2) Once they are ready, blend them with the leftover water.
3) Add the manioc flour and the feta cheese.
4) Stir well on low heat.
5) Sprinkle the ground turmeric, ground ginger, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Season with the salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients- (serves 2)
1 courgette, thinly sliced
200 g mushrooms, cut into small bite-sized pieces
1 onion, cut into small bite-sized pieces
3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
big handful of fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
1)Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
2) Peel the onion and cut all the veggies into small bite-sized pieces.
3) Place them on a baking tray and drizzling with a generous amount of olive oil.
4) Season with the salt and pepper and place the leaves of rosemary.
5) Mix them well with your hands.
6) Place the tray in the oven and cook the veggies for about an hour, until they are soft.
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.