Salads are most people’s first encounter with raw foods. Quick and easy to make, they are an easy and delicious way to get live, biodynamic foods into your diet.
This is a wonderfully simple summer salad filled with an amazing array of vitamins and nutrients. A healthy salad can be a low-calorie, high fibre meal packed with fresh flavours that come together perfectly to create something really delicious.
Salad Ingredients (serves 2):
- One tin of chickpeas
- 100g of cherry tomatoes
- A handful of coriander (20g)
- 1 beetroot (ideally raw)
- 100g of feta cheese
- Half of a pomegranate
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Start by rinsing and draining your chickpeas, then place them in a salad bowl.
2) Chop coriander leaves finely and the beetroot into small pieces. Add all the salad ingredients to the big salad bowl with the feta cheese and pomegranate on top.
3) To make your dressing simply squeeze the juice from the lemon and mix it in a mug with the olive oil, vinegar, cinnamon, cumin, salt and pepper and then drizzle it over the salad.
Maria’s tip: I always like to have a side with this salad, which is another salad! Try some fresh spinach and roasted sweet potato. It makes the perfect combination!
Maria is passionate about healthy living and eating. To keep her mind and body healthy she enjoys practising meditation and yoga. Maria works as a manager at an Eco Resort in Portugal and helps to create deliciously healthy recipes for the menu. To read more about Maria click here.
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.