Did you know that it used to be tradition to put lavender under the pillows of newly-weds?
…And it wasn’t just so they got a good night’s sleep! Lavender was used to encourage passion. Aromatherapy is a very powerful tool. Scent has an incredible impact on our emotions so whether you are going to be spoiling yourself this Valentine’s Day or spending it with a loved one here is a wonderful blend of oils that can help you relax, unwind and create a romantic space:
Oil Burner or Diffuser Blend
- 2 drops of Sandalwood pure essential oil
- 2 drops of Jasmine pure essential oil
- 1 drop of Ylang Ylang pure essential oil
- 1 drop of Lavender pure essential oil
All of the above oils are considered aphrodisiacs. Use this blend to create a sensual and relaxing atmosphere perfect for intimacy. If you want to turn this blend into a massage oil, add the above drops to 15ml of a carrier oil like Apricot Kernel oil.
Create a aromatic and romantic space…
- Put this blend into your oil burner or diffuser
- Turn off the lights and light some candles
- Use the massage oil to give your loved one a foot massage – it’s one of the faster ways to get the oils absorbed and is wonderful relaxing.
Valentine’s day doesn’t have to be just about couples. Why not choose some essential oils and have some ‘you’ time?
Caution: This oil blend is unsuitable to use if your are pregnant.
To read more about Louisa click here
You can also create an ambience with beautiful room and linen sprays containing organic essential oils. Take a look at Louisa’s very own range of ‘Just Be Natural’ organic products for the skin and for the home in our natural health star health shop
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.