Chia seed pudding is a simple and delicious way to easily get the benefits of chia seeds. There are dozens of ways to customise it to your taste. You can change the flavour, the texture, the sweetener, the colour and practically any other part of the recipe . It takes minutes to make and has enough protein and nutrients to be a quick, on-the-go breakfast or a delicious low-sugar dessert. I’ve added spirulina to this recipe.
Health benefits of chia seeds
- Great source of plant protein.
- Source of dietary fibre.
- Rich in antioxidants.
- Excellent source of omega-3 fatty acid.
- Rich in B vitamins and minerals.
Health benefits of spirulina
- A unique blue/green algae that is rich in chlorophyll and many other nutrients.
- A complete protein meaning it contains all of the 9 essential amino acids.
- Contains more than 70% protein in easily digestible form.
- Great source of complete protein for vegans.
- Contains full range of B vitamins which are essential for a healthy central nervous system which can aid in stress and anxiety prevention.
- Contain high amounts of zinc which is an important mineral for optimal brain function.
- Rich in vitamin E.
- High in potassium which is thought to relieve tension in blood vessels and normalise blood pressure.
- Supplies a massive 71% of the daily recommended allowance of iron which is important mineral aiding red blood cell production.
Personally, I love this with some chopped soaked nuts, fresh fruit or even coconut flakes.
Ingredients (serves 3 pots):
1) Place the chia seeds, milk and honey in a bowl.
2) Add the spirulina powder to the mix to make a dark green chia pudding. Stir everything together before placing the pudding in the pots.
3) Store the pots in the fridge overnight (or for 6-8 hours), during this time the liquid will be absorbed and the pudding will form a jelly-like consistency.
To read more about Maria please click here
For the ingredients in this recipe and other wonderful natural health products please check our shop here
What did you think of this post? If you liked it please SHARE the love.